It probably hasn't escaped your attention that it's getting a bit more chilly and a lot more gloomy out there. As the nights draw in and we get ready to bring this miserable year to a close, I thought I had better just mention a few things about how we are going to have to do business over the next few weeks.
Firstly, thank you very much for abiding by sensible social distancing and masking precautions. I hope its a positive sign that the three of us have had barely more than a sniffle this year (and I really hope that this means we haven't passed anything nasty on to you guys)
The thing is, these precautions will become increasingly difficult to sustain as we enter what will inevitably be our busiest period: So I am going to have to ask you all for help as we try to open the shop up to increased trade in the safest way possible.
There are a few ways you can make a difference.
- If you are shopping in a group, maybe you don't all have to come into the store at once. It will be safer (and quicker) if you just send an emissary in to make purchases for everyone.
- We have tried to keep limit numbers to two punters in the shop at a time. We eased up and it became two households at a time when couples needed to shop together, but we will ease up a bit more and allow three customers at a time PROVIDED you are all being sensible and giving each other space.
- There will be queues outside at times and we are largely relying on you to regulate yourselves here. PLEASE bear in mind folk queuing for coffee at Twelve Triangles. PLEASE show equal consideration to our neighbours at number 16.
- Have a shopping list or plan, don't be vague.(and feel free to ask for help) Avoid shopping at peak times if you can (Friday/Saturday/Christmas Eve)
- Once you have your booze and we have your money please don't loiter. Normally we love a chat, but there will probably be folk behind you waiting to get in.
- BUY ONLINE OR OVER THE PHONE AND THEN CLICK & COLLECT! I can't stress how important this will be in December. We have a very limited range available online, but email or phone us up and we can sort you out with anything else. If it's paid for, you can give us a shout and we will bring it out to you, skipping the queue and the hassle.
I think that's it for now. Expect a cheerier, less business like blog full of shiny gift ideas once it really is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.